The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Recruitment 2019/2020 advertisement has been released and available below. www.unops.org recruitment, United Nations Office for Project Services Vacancies 2019 Application Form, United Nations Office for Project Services Jobs 2019, United Nations Office for Project Services Career Portal, Requirements for United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2019, United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||United Nations Office for Project Services|
|Deadline||23rd August, 2019|
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Recruitment 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2019 United Nations Office for Project Services Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.unops.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations
The following positions are available at United Nations Office for Project Services. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Information Management Associate
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5001/18411
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job categories: IT
Contract level LICA-7
Contract type: Local ICA Support
Department/office: NYSC, Peace and Security Cluster
Duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Peace and Security Cluster
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) is a principal service provider in the field of mine action with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), UNDP, UNICEF, Governments of mine-affected countries and other mine action partners. The Head of Cluster is responsible to administer, provide support and oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations. It is headed by the Head of Cluster who has the overall authority and accountability for the performance of the Peace and Security Cluster on behalf of its clients.
Background Information – Job-Specific
- UNMAS Nigeria plans, manages and oversees all mine action activities in north-east Nigeria. It provides technical support to all partners and ensures the proper integration of mine action into wider humanitarian assistance and developmental programmes. UNMAS deployed to Nigeria in July 2018.
- The Information Management Associate will be based in Maiduguri in the UNMAS office situated in a UN compound and will work under the direct supervision of the Programme and Communications Officer.
- The Information Management (IM) Associate will coordinate the Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA) for UNMAS Nigeria and he/she will be responsible for the following tasks:
Information Management (IM) Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper functioning of IMSMA database including installing and maintaining IMSMA database
- Install IMSMA on partners devices and train partners on its use
- Ensure the accuracy and operational functioning of the designed links of the database
- Create and maintain the file and document management system of the programme
- Create and update IM processes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Engage with Mine Action partners to obtain information and improve data collecting
- Liaise with partners and represent UNMAS Nigeria in meetings related to the functions
- Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements
- Conduct monthly checks of IMSMA reports to ensure completeness, integrity and quality
- Train junior staff on IMSMA and provide remote support to UNMAS programmes
- Verify and record all field data from implementers and partners into the IMSMA database
- Perform quality assurance and related checks during and after data entry
- Produce statistics and reports from the data
- Create and maintain comprehensive soft and hard archive systems
- Update both soft and hard archive systems on weekly basis
Geographic Information System (GIS) Responsibilities:
- Prepare and print informative maps with mine action and other available data
- Maintain and contribute to the operations mapping archive
- Assist with IT and other general computer related issues
- Contribute to Network Administration
- Assist with Database training and technical assistance to implementing partners and external stakeholders
- Create and update photo catalogue of received photos from mine action activities
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Programme and Communications Officer
- Provide reports related to UNMAS Nigeria work plan.
- An advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Information Management, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field with a minimum of one year of relevant experience; OR
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in information management, computer science, Geographic Information Systems or related field with a minimum of three years of relevant experience; OR
- A secondary education degree (High School Diploma or equivalent) and a minimum of seven years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in information management, computer science, GIS, database management or data collection
- Experience with handling confidential data and understanding of different data collection methodologies is desired
- Experience in web design and software development is desired
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing and reading) is required
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, Level and Duration:
- Contract type : Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA)
- Contract level : ICS-7
- Contract duration : (Open-ended) with possible extension subject to funding and satisfactory performance
- For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
How to Apply for United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2019
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
- Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
- Candidates with no UN or UNOPS experience are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Open to Nationals or persons with a valid Nigeria residence/work permit
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2019.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2019. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Road Safty Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2019 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2019 openings across Nigeria.|
|United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|United Nations Office for Project Services Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include United Nations Office for Project Services recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though United Nations Office for Project Services may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Kwaba Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||August 21, 2019||30th August 2019|
|African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) Recruitment 2019/2020||August 21, 2019||30th August, 2019|
|Creditville Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||August 21, 2019||30th August, 2019|
|Ibis Lagos Airport-Hotel Recruitment 2019/2020||August 21, 2019||28th August, 2019|
|Bethsaida Group of Companies Recruitment 2019/2020||August 21, 2019||31st August, 2019|
|HOB System Tourism Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||August 21, 2019||Not Specified|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2019. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: