The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Recruitment 2019/2020 advertisement has been released and available below. www.nigeria.iom.int recruitment, International Organization for Migration Vacancies 2019 Application Form, International Organization for Migration Jobs 2019, International Organization for Migration Career Portal, Requirements for International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2019, International Organization for Migration Recruitment Portal.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Recruitment 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2019 International Organization for Migration Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.nigeria.iom.int.
Table of Contents
- International Organization for Migration Recruitment Details:
- Available Job Positions & Details
- How to Apply for International Organization for Migration Recruitment
- Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
- Why Seviportal for International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2019 Free Job Alert?
- International Organization for Migration Recruitment States in Nigeria?
- Recent Jobs Updates
International Organization for Migration Recruitment Details:
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Deadline||21st August, 2019|
Available Job Positions & Details
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The following positions are available at International Organization for Migration. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Senior Project Coordinator (DDRR)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Nigeria Classification: Professional Staff, Grade: P4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- The nine-year violent conflict across North-eastern and East Nigeria and bordering areas in Niger, Chad and Cameroon have created a deepening social, political, security and humanitarian crisis that has displaced approximately 2.6 million people and affected some 17 million. In response to request from Government of Nigeria, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is supporting activities aimed at creating the necessary pre-conditions for the identification and reintegration of ‘low-risk’ Boko Haram detainees and defecting former fighters, reducing recruitment into armed groups and promoting broad reconciliation for sustained reintegration and peacebuilding.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Demobilization Disassociation Reintegration & Reconciliation (DDRR) Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall development, management, coordination and evaluation of the European Union (EU) – funded Programme “Support for reconciliation and reintegration of former Armed Non-State combatants and Boko Haram associates”.
- This four-year programme aims to contribute to the stabilisation of selected areas in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States by enhancing community preparedness for reintegration and reducing rejection and stigmatisation of former associates to non-state armed groups that will prepare the ground for community-based healing and reconciliation.
- The programme is implemented by a Consortium of UN Partners (United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and IOM), under the lead of the International Organization for Migration (IOM), in close coordination with the Nigerian Office of the National Security Adviser.
- In addition, the successful candidate will lead and manage the Programme Support Unit (PSU) for the implementation of the programme. The PSU is comprised of the managerial, technical, financial and administrative staff of the three implementing agencies of the programme (IOM, UNICEF and UNDP).
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, manage and ensure the implementation of the programme/project in coordination with the mission strategy, relevant UN agencies, national authorities, and other stakeholders;
- Advise senior officials on the implications of established programme policies and needs, on plans, priorities and strategic objectives, and on relevant developments and related governmental policies affecting work;
- Oversee, lead and support the functioning of the programme governance and management structures, specifically the Project Support Unit (PSU) and the Committee for Project Steering and Coordination (CPSC);
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and results of the programme, and ensure all reporting requirements are met including the timely submission of narrative and financial reports to the EU Delegation in Abuja, in accordance with the provisions of the contribution agreement signed between IOM and the EU;
- Establish and maintain regular liaison with, and be responsible for representation of IOM, the PSU and the programme, to the EU, the Office of the National Security Advisor (ONSA), and all other project stakeholders;
- Participate in or lead field missions and duty travel for programme coordination purposes, and to advise and guide programme staff, donors, local authorities and implementing partners in order to achieve programme objectives;
- Formulate submissions to donors for funding, negotiate with donor representatives, and play an active role in resources mobilization;
- Initiate, plan and coordinate the effective implementation of all programme activities by the PSU, ensuring a smooth and effective transition between the different phases of the programme. analyzing needs, appraise suitability and take action to meet these needs;
- Ensure the reflection and integration of new modalities, policies and practices, and methods for evaluation into the project formulation and management processes in order to improve the effectiveness and appropriateness of the programme, as well as the planning and delivery process;
- Exercise administrative, operational, human resources and financial management responsibility for the programme, and supervise and manage the work of programme staff in coordination with the Resources Management Officer (RMO);
- Monitor, provide authoritative advice and ensure compliance of consortium partners with their obligations in implementing the programme as stipulated under the partnership agreements. Assess the degree of implementation of programme activities and resources, identify problems and resource or financial deficiencies, and initiate corrective action;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master ’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law or a related Field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience
- Specific work experience with European Union funded programmes is an asset;
- Experience in coordinating complex programmes and engaging with multiple partners and stakeholders;
- Experience liaising with regional bodies, governmental authorities, diplomatic missions and other international/national institutions;
- Experience supporting assessments, program design, intra-governmental coordination, project management and oversight is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) protocols;
- Experience working with staff from diverse environments and backgrounds;
- Strong general analytical skills;
- Experience in the field of migration, community development and media;
- Experience working within the region an asset;
- Experience living or working in a developing or transitioning country an asset;
- Previous work experience in the Lake Chad Basin Region is an advantage.
- Specific international work experience on DDR programmes, and/or engagement in security sector initiatives will be an advantage;
- Strong knowledge and cultural understanding of the region and conversant on regional politics is an advantage;
- Experience in project implementation, Capacity Building and Information Management projects, support to grants fund management; administrative and related fields;
- Knowledge of the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) protocols and experience working in a phase III (or above) security environment;
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to analyses complex problems and identify and convey clear, rapid solutions;
- Effective resource management skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining budgetary disciplines across a wide range of grant activities;
- IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Managerial Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 3:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at: https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
- Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts
Application Deadline 21st August, 2019.
How to Apply for International Organization for Migration Recruitment
To apply for the International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2019. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest International Organization for Migration Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum International Organization for Migration Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Road Safty Recruitment||2019/2020|
Why Seviportal for International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2019 Free Job Alert?
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for International Organization for Migration Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2019 openings across Nigeria.|
International Organization for Migration Recruitment States in Nigeria?
|International Organization for Migration Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include International Organization for Migration recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though International Organization for Migration may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Altara Credit Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||August 23, 2019||Not Specified|
|Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) Recruitment 2019/2020||August 23, 2019||28th August, 2019|
|Niger Basin Authority Recruitment 2019/2020||August 23, 2019||6th September, 2019|
|Achievers University Recruitment 2019/2020||August 23, 2019||12th September, 2019|
|Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Recruitment 2019/2020||August 23, 2019||30th September 2019|
|Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||August 23, 2019||26th August, 2019|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2019. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: